Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Recycled Paper Towels

If every American household replaced 1 regular roll with 1 roll of recycled paper towels, we could save:
933,000 trees
2.4 million cubic feet of landfill space=to 3700 garbage trucks
350 Million gallons of water
59,600 tons of greenhouse emissions
From Seventh Generation

Product Review:

We made the switch. We are not heavy users of paper towels, relying more on dish cloths, but the recyled ones work fine. In a completely unscientific comparison, I wiped down all of my kitchen counters with a dampened Seventh Generation paper towel and a regular one from the proverbial "leading brand." They both handled the counters, stove, microwave, and even some scrubbing of a mysterious dried-on substance; even after I ripped them apart, they both continued to clean without deteriorating into those horrible frayed-paper balls. Also, I find the paper-pulp brown color of the recycled towels to be oddly soothing. I doubt that the recycled ones are as absorbent, but assuming you don't own a new puppy, I think you will find the recycled towels more than adequate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.